home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Besame' Post Script...


I love Besame' Cosmetics and everything it stands for. The above photo is such a lovely tribute to those beautiful cosmetic ads of the 1950's...I instantly want to purchase the product. Modern advertisers could learn a thing or two from the simplicity of this type of glamour marketing.

Anyway, in visiting the site today, I not only was reminded of the color 'Carmine' and wanting to repurchase it, but I also discovered this wonderful little sampler pack, which only costs 8.00 and is worth every penny, if you ask me. Not only will you have a nice little supply of reds to use over the course of the summer, but it will also allow you to try the luscious Besame' reds you've been eyeing, without having to make a full sized purchase.


Check out that nifty little booklet that comes with it! I'm ordering my sampler pack right away!

Something else I recently discovered. Remember the Besame' Souffle Foundation that I reviewed a while ago? Well, I was disappointed that none of the shades suited me, if you'll remember. But since then, I've realized something rather pleasant. If you are a fan of Kevin Aucoin's beauty techniques (and who isnt?), one of which claims that the majority of skin types can get away with concealer and powder alone, then you might be happy to find that this foundation works SPLENDIDLY as a concealer. The 'yellow cameo' especially makes an ideal undereye concealer since it counteracts blueness. Finish w/ transluscent powder and you will likely need nothing else for daytime wear. So the color situation turned out to not be that big of a deal.

Anyway, I thought all of that was worthy of a mention...

xxoo,
Ashley

9 comments:

amz said...

I just ordered my sampler pack - thanks!!

Diary of a Vintage Modiste said...

Thanks for the heads up on the lipstick samples, I have always wanted to purchase from Bésame but the cost factor has always been an issue for me. I just bought the sample pack, and now I will be able to order the correct lipstick shade, T H A N K S !!!!

I have never been one to wear foundation, I use just concealer, and powder on a daily basis, and reserve foundation for when I am being photographed. I Love all of Kevin’s books!

Spiffy Tomato said...

Thanks for this. I will be ordering the sampler lipsticks right now. That's a good deal. Also, like you, I love the ads.

kristin m. said...

yay! thanks for sharing - i just ordered the sampler pack too! am a fairly new reader of your blog, although i've been watching you on youtube for years! - LOVE!

C said...

I read this post earlier today at work. Needless to say, I ordered the sampler right away. Thanks, hun! ;D

Julia said...

I agree Ashley, LOVE this kind of marketing, and I am a slave to it.. I totally judge books by their covers so to speak. I figure that if they are putting across a message that really speaks to me, then their product must match! I'm eager to give em a try.. never heard of this company before you showcased them here:) thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that sampler pack looks very interesting indeed. Thanks for the heads up :)

tricoloredeyes said...

I can't believe the $8 includes shipping too! I've been wanting to try Besame for so long, but I have a hard time finding shades of red that work with my skin tone and lip shape. This is wonderful!

Keturah said...

I couldn't find a link anywhere on the website to order the sampler pack. Are they still offering it?

Post a Comment